Perioperative Setting Workflow Orchestration – Common Issues:
- Operating rooms account for 40%-60% of hospital revenue and 20%-40% of costs
- Operating rooms run at 68% patient throughput capacity
- Operating rooms fail to start on time in 73% of cases
- 37% of all information exchanges in hospitals are defective
(Sources: HMFA; Joint Commission)
Perioperative Process Inefficiency is Costly
The average surgical case has between 100 and 150 steps that must happen before a patient can be cleared for surgery. If any one of these steps is missed or incorrectly handled, the case can be cancelled or delayed — or worse, the patient’s safety can be compromised. These problems lead to unrecoverable financial costs, not to mention lost goodwill among staff, patients, and patient families.
More Efficient Perioperative Workflow Brings Rewards
According to the Health Financial Management Association (HFMA), reducing errors, omissions, and duplicated effort can allow an operating room to accommodate one more case per day — which, for an average-size hospital (300 beds), can generate between $4 million to $7 million of incremental revenue.
The OPTIMI$ER Perioperative Suite Includes Three Modules
- Surgical Office Integration
- Pre-Anesthesia Testing (PAT)
- Day of Surgery (DoS)
The Modules Can Be Implemented As a Suite or Individually
- Per case or fixed fee pricing is available