Perioperative Suite: Results Shown in a 460+ Bed Hospital
- 20,365 surgeries performed annually
The Hospital’s Pre-Anesthesia Testing (PAT) Workflow Issues
- Lack of IT interoperability
- Handwritten/Paper-driven information exchange
- Imbalance of clerical vs. clinical tasks for RNs/NPs
- Limited multi-viewer access to patient flow charts
- Lack of real-time “status at a glance” across a population of patients
- + 35% FTE Productivity = $108K:
- $108K salary reduction of 1.35 FTE nursing time spent in clerical tasks has allowed for either a reduction in FTE’s or a reassignment of the FTE’s to another service area.
- Incremental Pre-Anesthesia Unit Net Revenue = $292K:
- $292K from additional PAT patients seen by reassigned RN FTE.
- Improved DOS Throughput = $1040M:
- $1,040M gross revenue from a reduction of surgery cancellations (1 case per day at an average of $4,000 per case).
- Cost Savings = 8K:
- $8K from reduced FAX reliance.
- Costs = $78K:
- OPTIMI$ER $75K; Auto fax feature $1.5K; Hospital IT Support $1K.
The Hospital’s Return on Investment = 2 Months
The Improvement to Staff Satisfaction = +78% Directly Attributable to OPTIMI$ER